5.13.2011

the birthdays past in pictures

(disclaimer:  the bunting I added to this pic after the party--I didn't have time to make it for real but we can pretend, okay?)


The twins were born on leap day.  And Legend's birthday fell fifteen days later.  So when my mother told me she planned to visit us in late March I decided we'd celebrate all three birthdays while she was here.  One of the best ideas I've ever had.  

Yep, that was in March.  Two months ago.  I'm a little behind.

We celebrated at Mimi's house about an hour from our town.  It was a fun family affair.  The kids enjoyed their cousins and nothing was rushed.  Just savored.  

Legend celebrated his first year with fistfuls of chocolate cake.  And when all eyes were on him singing "Happy Birthday" his face lit up with the biggest, toothiest smiles.  Mmmm....he is so yummy.  I love that cheery little boy.

Boston ate up all the attention.  Those big blue eyes were sparkling.  For weeks before the party all he could talk about was a skateboard.  And sure enough, that was his favorite gift--a skateboard with a handle attachment--just perfect for a three-year-old-going-on-six.   He was pretty cool stuff.

We had asked the twins what they wanted for their birthday and Astair let us all know that she wanted "a pink one".  A pink one of what none of us knew...but pink is what she got.  And she was perfectly happy.  My gift to her was a pink princess dress for her to wear at her party and she didn't want to take it off.  She would've worn it till her next birthday.


(forget chocolate,  that smile is delicious)

(do I get to eat this whole cake all by myself??)

(it's a pink one!)




That's all folks!

9 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

HOw cute! Love all the cakes, smiles and 'pink one'. Such a great idea to celebrate all together. xoxo

Weza said...

Now I dont feel so bad. I havent posted about any birthdays this year. Perhaps I can do it too. :)
Happy Birthday to your beautiful twins and Legend. Looks like a fun day. xxx

Olivia Grace said...

What fun!! I love all the cakes, the ice cream man, the sweet smiles! Those are memories they'll never forget!

Unknown said...

How cute! I love all the pictures and at least you posted about it this year, who cares about it being 2 months late, ha! What a great party with so many blessings!!

Mich said...

your kiddos are adorable, chocolate kisses and all. :)

Kristin said...

Such a beautiful family, Joye!!

katy said...

aww, how precious! it looked like they had an absolute blast. cute kiddos. :)

Denise said...

Cute pictures! I found your blog from another blog I follow. I am now following your blog too. You see, I am an identical twin myself. I will enjoy reading what you write about your twins, as well as what your thoughts are as the mother of twins. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Fun! I love the names Legend and Boston.

Happy Monday!

Love,
Mandy @ www.shebreathesdeeply.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape