9.10.2010

eeeek!



Okay, so I'm not the most organized person you'll ever meet.
I'm one of those really laid back type of personalities.  As in spur of the moment, fly by the seat of your pants types.  I don't like to start fires or cause waves.  I'd rather be the one to put the flames out and throw a life buoy.  So far, this has worked for me.  My unorganized state of existing has occasionally created stressful situations, but nothing that couldn't be fixed in a mad dash of productivity.

Well, those mad dashes have now been occurring in increasing frequency.

God's putting his finger on one problem area of my life and I'm squirming just a little bit under the pressure.  After all, being unorganized isn't exactly sinning, is it?   I can justify my lack of organization.  I can think of a million reasons why I can't be organized.  But the problem is that I've now seen a bigger picture.  I know the unnecessary stress it causes and while I never thought before that it affected anyone but me, I've discovered I'm wrong.  It affects my ability to be my husband's best helpmeet, my kids best instructor, a good neighbor, an available friend, a ready witness.

There is so much God is calling me to do right now and the truth is that I really can't do it.  Not by staying the way I am.  I have to be putty in His hands.  Moldable.  Changeable.

I must become less.  He must become more.

And right now, "more" of Him includes a calendar in every room....(smile)

13 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

haha - such a great post! Ready in season and out - in every area, is such a challenge for me too!!

Kristin said...

I totally get what you're saying! I realized that when I decide not to keep things up to par around here, the whole family suffers and it actually stresses me out more than the time it takes just to do whatever it is that I don't feel like doing. LOL!

Stephanie said...

You are awesome! Love this. Funny, but true :)

Lauren said...

you are so funny! I can totally relate to you here! I recently have been investing in several calendars! Today was actually my "get my rear in gear" day while I organized our calendars and our home office. I feel so much better! :)

God's working on me too, friend, slowly but surely I am learning! :)

Lara said...

I think being a stay at home mom requires a level of discipline and self control that 9-5 jobs don't. Because you can get away with disorganization or whatever your issue is. I struggle with laziness :-)

Southern Gal said...

Ooh, I struggle with that, too. Organization and I aren't best friends. I get close to him, think I'm doing well, then all of a sudden it's Chaos again. And I feel the same emotions. I can't be a good ________ (fill in the blank) until I get at these piles of papers, fabrics, etc. Praying you have victory through Him. Say a little prayer for me, too?

Lisa said...

I'm in the battle with you! Isn't it amazing how the Lord leaves no stone unturned in the molding and shaping? Some may think it excessive to say that God is concerned about whether we are organized or not. But when He points out an area that needs to be refined, there is no denying the call to action!

carmen @ life blessons said...

Oh, I have been on an uber-organizing streak lately, and it's been really refreshing to discover new ways of storing/arranging/using the things around our house that are SO helpful. It isn't always the most fun, but the results have been worthwhile!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

LOL...one more area in which we are alike. ;) Some people think I'm TOO laid back...and I even make some nervous that I tend to be so chill. :) I have days where I'm awesome at organization...and others...well...that I'm not. Praying for you!

Smiles,
Rachel

Laura said...

I wish I could have a little bit of your laid back personality and I'll give you a bit of my control freak. sound like a deal?

Jenilee said...

very cute. my hubs and I balance each other out: me hyper schedule him: ultra relaxed! :) makes for fun days sometimes but we are both learning lots!

He & Me + 3 said...

I think i need a calendar in every room too. Great idea. :)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh my word...I can so feel you on this one sister! I like to say that my "disorganization" is because of a "creative spirit". Doesn't it sound nicer? Tell that to the husband and children who have to live with me!! =)

God is nudging my heart in this area too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape