7.10.2009

The Great Risk

Shhhhhh.  I have a secret to tell.

Okay, so it's not really a secret anymore.

But it is wonderful.  It's a surprise present from my Abba Daddy.  He's doing something new.  He's doing what He does best.

Creating.
Weaving.
Loving.
Sheltering.
Dreaming.
Life into Being.

And this is His favorite thing to do.  Making children in His image, created for Him to love.

But it's also His greatest risk.

You see I don't believe life begins at conception.

No, it begins before that.

Deep in the heart of God, He labors over the pages of a very special book.

A book that holds His dreams for your life.

And then he begins to create.

With the most gentle hands, the hands of an artist, He skillfully forms His masterpiece.

He doesn't miss a single detail. 

His heart overflows with love, His eyes transfixed on His creation. 

He whispers His devotion, breathes His breath into His child.

His dream comes true.

But His heart is torn in two.

For now He must let His child enter a world of choice.

A world where those choices have left great sadness, deep pain, and injustice.

But where choices ultimately allow a Greater Love.

For the only true love is a love unforced.

Man's life is His masterpiece.  And it is His greatest risk.

Love returned is His only reason.


{After spending time with God and hearing Him tell me again how He wept at my birth and the risk He took, I knew I had to write this.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!"
Psalm 139: 13-17

33 comments:

miranda said...

That is beautiful!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, you are SUCH an amazing writer. What a beautiful gift you are using for His glory.
That is one of my favorite scriptures.

Thank you for you very sweet comment on my blog about Hailee's adoption. I so appreciate your love and support, friend...it means the world!

Anonymous said...

This made me cry....it is so beautiful. I starred it in my reader to save it for one of "those" days.

You are such a gifted writer and I love reading how the Lord speaks through you.

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Sarah said...

Ok... is this your way of making an announcement? I don't want to stir up curiosity but it sure sounds like it. If so CONGRATS!!!

Joyeful said...

You guessed it Sarah!!! : )

Unknown said...

Whoa, congrats!

Mich said...

Too beautiful...

Laura McCann said...

I believe it sounds as if congratulations are in order! There is just nothing more exciting than a new little one! God's precious little gifts...Keep us informed of you progress!

He & Me + 3 said...

Yea! Congrats...How exciting!

Lauren said...

this is such a beautiful way of announcing such precious news!! Congratulations ... I pray God's blessing over this little one ... and a beautiful time of soaking up God's love for you!!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, Joye! How exciting!!!! Yay! What a beautiful gift for a beautiful Mommy! Oh what an exciting journey this will be!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really.truly said...

Created life into being??? I'm just wondering...;)

Ok, just read the above comments...so my wondering was correct!!! Awesome! Congratulations, just wonderful :)

Unknown said...

I wondered but then was in awe by your writing that I didn´t think about a creation in you!

Congratulations!! En hora Buena!

One of my favorite Passages too! I use to quote it in front of the mirror. (read to do that in some book) ;)

Darcie said...

I could not help but wonder the same thing..and low and behold....congratulations Joye, to you, your husband and your little ones...congratulations!

Beautiful!

Veronica said...

Joye...this is sooooo exciting!!! I am so happy for you and your family! Congrats!!!!!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

So beautiful Joye...

I keep forgetting to tell you that the thought of Faith, Grace, and Thomas playing with your sweet Titus in heaven's glory blesses my soul. I know you commented on my blog about that thought awhile ago.

I didn't miss it.

Love your beautiful heart...

Mommara said...

Congrats! This is so wonderful and beautifully wrote. :)

Holly said...

Congratulations!!! ;) Such a happy time!

Unknown said...

I found the box. Still have your address. ;)
How are you feeling? Your family is so adorable and now to think it will be an even number too! jeje

Unknown said...

This was beautiful Joye. Does it meant hat you are expecting...you didn't exactly say but it sure sounded that way to me. :)

Well, if you are CONGRATULATIONS!

christy rose said...

Joye,
Congratulations! It is so wonderful to know that God is creating life inside of us, isn't it? Your children are beautiful and I am sure this one will be too. I love how you announced this! It was great!
Christy

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

So happy for you! :) I also believe that in His book, our life begins before conception. Beautifully written, dear...
Blessings, Jen

Erin Lenore said...

Congratulations! So beautifully written :-) Those are some of my most favorite verses.
I will be praying for you every day!

You have such a sweet spirit. I am happy to have met you on here! God bless you and your family today and always.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This reminds me of something I wrote last March, following a profound question asked of me by my daughter. You can find it here if you care to read... http://peaceforthejourney.blogspot.com/2008/03/beyond-zero.html

Congrats, Joye. I look forward to the unwrapping of God's great masterpiece growing inside of you just now.

peace~elaine

Holly Hamrick said...

First, congratulations Joye!!! I am at work and just about broke out in tears reading this...it is absolutely beautiful!!! I once heard it said in a wonderful musical called 'The Promise' that "babies are God's way of saying life should go on for one more generation." I'm going to have to mark this one, too. Bless you for sharing it!!!

LisaShaw said...

Oh congratulations dear one!!!! What a precious time as new life is being created once again by the Hand of our GOD.

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

Beautiful sharing with us...

and I agree with you that life begins even before conception. Praise the LORD!

I love ya.

Mocha Momma said...

Amazing post! You have captured the beauty and love of God so well and posted it for us to see, and rejoice in His glory.

Thanks
Have a great week
Nannette @ Life: Be In It

Stephanie said...

I'm a little slow...but I was wondering too! Yay! Congrats Joye! Guess you'll be able to use a nursing cover now ;)

~*Michelle*~ said...

OH I am squealing in excitement for you!!!!!!!!!!!

May you be blessed with a wonderful healthy pregnancy and birth.....

Praise God!

He is faithful!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Joye,

What is your due date? We need to do some pics when you are a bit larger with hubby and kiddos!!

Michelle

Kat said...

Poetic. you are an inspired writer.

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I have tears. I love this post.

You are so gifted with words.

Kari said...

Stopped by after seeing your link on Filled With Praise today. Been reading your blog and I really like it! Think I'll be hopping on board with you! I enjoy your joy :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape