4.14.2009

Missing him...




Okay, I'm going to get a little sappy on you.

I Miss My Honey...(and it's only been 4 days)
I miss the way he walks in the door, all dirty and smelly with that silly ole grin on his face.

I miss the way he tosses his boys in the air and kisses his girls.

I miss the way he tracks dirt on my off-white rug then takes his boots off in the dining room.

I miss the way he never mentions supper--if it's there or if it isn't.

I miss his practical jokes...yeah, it's that bad.

I miss his passionate discourses on God, politics, and how things are made.

I miss the way he makes me laugh when I want to be serious.

I miss the way we love better, live more fully, together.

I miss him.  My man.

I plan to appreciate him much more when he comes home!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you would like to pass this along and also pray. www.littleoneapril.blogspot.com

Beth in NC said...

I'm so sorry! I feel the same way when my husband doesn't come home at night. He has never stayed away longer than a couple of days. And you're right, it makes me appreciate him even more.

I pray God will give you sweet peace.

Stephanie said...

Aw...those are the sweetest pictures, Joye. Praying for the rest of your time away from your hubby...and that your reunion is oh so sweet. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I only wish my unsaved family would understand it...

Lisa Grace said...

Now that is awesome! It's always great when a wife misses the daily things; it shows a beautiful bond. Praying for you ... and him =)

Summer said...

Dear, dear Joye....what precious pictures of you and your hubby!

I'm sure you miss him like crazy....that is easily apparent in your words. He'll be back before you know it....and, in the meantime...you've got some precious one-on-one time with your babies....and with God.

Blessings your way hun,
Summer

Anonymous said...

I loved your beautiful comment to April Rose's mommy. Jesus is pleased. :)

Love in Him, Michal Ann (Lake Forest Park WA)

LisaShaw said...

O sweetie this is precious!

I've been married 19 years and I still get weepy while he's at work let alone traveling. He calls me at lunch time and as soon as I hear his voice I say I miss you! He says O yeah, I miss you too.

It's beautiful when your marriage is grounded in Christ it makes your love that much stronger and your appreciation for your covenant that much more.

Bless you and your hubby and your beautiful children!

Veronica said...

Hi Joye,

What a sweet post. I know what you mean about missing your Hubby while he's away. I find that I don't appreciate him as much as I should and then when he's gone I am reminded of just how much I love and need him.

P.S. I love the way you write!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape