2.08.2009

sew easy, right?


Just look at that face!  Someone was not very happy about getting her picture taken!

Five minutes before my photographer friend was to pull into our driveway, I sat at my sewing machine frantically sewing this bird onto Astair's shirt.

I wanted something cute but not "cutesie", something darling and chic.  I've had several ideas for appliques on shirts for my kiddos lately.  It's just so hard to find really adorable kids clothes.  Well, that is if you don't want to pay a pretty penny for them!  It's really easy to do (as long as the kids are all in their beds!)

I usually cut out a stiff fabric webbing by tracing my pattern so that it's easier to sew and doesn't slip.  For this bird, I used a zig zag stitch.  It's fun!  I think I'll definitely have to try making some more!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape